Animated Teaser 09: Stoop Animated Teaser 09: Stoop

You have some pretty smooth animation, and you are definitely not afraid to work different camera angles and work from different perspectives. The hair looks gorgeous. The hands in the beginning are so well animated, it almost looks rotoscoped!

I have but two points I'd like to hammer down, specifically with this scene. The shot from the girl holding the sniper to the guy running towards it; both characters are on the right side when the camera cuts; which can be jarring for some viewers...just apply the 180 rule whenever you can to develop a more stronger coordination between your two well animated characters. Your run cycle is pretty good, but don't be afraid to twist and move that torso a bit! I know that shot in particular is hard, and give you kudos for doing that :D

ibrabdo responds:

thx for the feedback, and well said, u r totally right about the wrong camera shot :( i realized it after posting, since i was planning to have an insert shot between them, but i deleted without considering that point when posting, ur critic is always welcome :)

Meanwhile at Nintendo... Meanwhile at Nintendo...

Welcome back :D

Doublemaximus Mentalator Doublemaximus Mentalator

Ultra-trippy. Eyes were obviously having trouble to adjust reading after this lol. I like it man!

Mr Gringo and the oil crusade Mr Gringo and the oil crusade

It was actually pretty fun! It's to the point, plot is simple and then throws you right into the action, but just enough to where you grasp what you're actually going to do next. Sound FX were good, nice music selection, it flowed with the game. Will come back to this and finish it one day!

Playing With Letters Playing With Letters

Great game. The amazing soundtrack led me to your great game. The riddles were pretty challenging (had to google one of them) and the secret ending was chilling! Hopefully you make a sequel to this.

LucidShadowDreamer responds:

Oh, hi!
Thanks a lot for playing this game, CrabbWalker :D
I'm stoked to hear you liked it, and that you find it both challenging and chilling :)
I will definitely make a sequel to this eventually. I'm hoping to make it sometime next year, and I already do have a few ideas ;)

Untangle 1.5 Untangle 1.5

A relaxing, nice puzzle game that's able to drive you crazy within a matter of minutes! haha but overall good job, and the simple design is effective.

Mayya Malyshka Mayya Malyshka

I am very, very honored to be among the 154 fans (at the moment) to listen to this. It's been awhile since I've visited NG. Such an honor to hear a piece of art that is not genre-boxed and categorized and simply seeks to speak to my soul. These are one of those pieces; with a clear crescendo into a climax, with a musical denouement...it tells a story and drops you at the fork's end, waiting for the audience's response. It's music like this that makes me animate the way I do, and paint the way I paint. Without boundaries and borders and labels, and to stay true to yourself, reflect how important you are, how just 1 man can make the difference. Hands down, you are indeed one out of a handful of amazing artists which keeps me coming back for more, because you are having a conversation through your art, and as an artist, it's our responsibility to respond back with art that strikes just as colloquial. This is an amazing piece of art.

Phonometrologist responds:

And you honor me with your words. I'm just grateful that there are few that enjoy some of the inner workings of my heart and mind. Your kind words have lead my thoughts to the following quote that I remembered reading some time ago:
“If there's a book that you want to read, but it hasn't been written yet, then you must write it.”-Toni Morrison
I hope you take what you said about staying true to yourself to heart. When it comes to animating and painting, go without trying to label yourself for that has always been the job of the admirer in retrospect. However, don't just take that approach in art, but also when you get up in the morning. I think it's interesting that if anyone wants to connect and convey a message to anyone, one must first be honest with themselves. Seems kind of obvious to read that at first, but if one gave it more thought, to write for yourself in order to reach others more deeply and meaningfully isn't quite as transparent as one would think.

Adam Phillips Interview - animation podcast #130 Adam Phillips Interview - animation podcast #130

I agree with Adam on that Yuyu scene XD

Probably his best section of animated works! Good interview

rubberonion responds:

The whole animated short was impressive and with all that action you still got to learn more about Bitey's character... outstanding. Thanks for listening!

Color- Ambient/Breakbeat Color- Ambient/Breakbeat

Heard this from the new Hellami episode. Really really good job around 00:38 to 00:57; this is the type ambiance that makes you reminisce about an alternate future your younger self had once dreamt of.

Jessica Rabbit Jessica Rabbit

Glad to see you still working hard on your Illustrations! For critique, I'd just add that the curtains in the back and in the front need different shadowing since one is up close to the audience, and the other curtains are actually hiding behind all of that spotlight (if there's no other light source). Other than that, this is a good render; nice anatomy also :D

MysticSkillz responds:

Thank you kindly sir, I admit it can be challenging drawing straight from Illustrator. I appreciate the comment. Just knocking out some fan art work for practice. :3

Zone-tan Zone-tan

Wonderful colors! Nice painting and the lighting is on point! :D

I do like to point out the placement of her body. It seems shifted, which gives the illusion of long breasts, an abnormally long back, and slight bit of a stretched arm. I'd like you to conduct a short experiment. Take a piece of folded paper, and cover up everything below the exposed breast. Her bust looks normal, well crafted. Then, using that same piece, cover up everything from the exposed breast on up. This portion looks okay as well. Separately both parts are anatomically sound, but I think you might have accidentally shifted a layer during your painting, which is yielding quite an unusual result! :D

AntonOxenuk responds:

Thanks for the tip!

Sent from God Sent from God

Utterly rhapsodic. Bravo man, such a sublime piece.