STARBARIANS - Episode 3 (April Fools) STARBARIANS - Episode 3 (April Fools)

Anything with Starbarians that's over a 1 minute? AF or not, it's gonna be a bloody good episode to me :D

BROBOT (Episode 1) BROBOT (Episode 1)

This was a great cartoon. Hadn't enjoyed myself this much since the Tardigrade cartoons. Animation needs work in some areas, but the script and pacing more than made up for it. Keep em coming!

tylerghardin responds:

excellent, glad you liked it, thanks so much :D

Travelling Deity - Part 1: The Ruden Travelling Deity - Part 1: The Ruden

Awesome, been a while since I've seen some of your stuff. The animation is great, good sense of space and environment. Rock music was a bit out of place, and pacing was okay (in comparison to your other work)...but most of all, those backgrounds are amazing. Can't wait for the next one!

Mr Gringo and the oil crusade Mr Gringo and the oil crusade

It was actually pretty fun! It's to the point, plot is simple and then throws you right into the action, but just enough to where you grasp what you're actually going to do next. Sound FX were good, nice music selection, it flowed with the game. Will come back to this and finish it one day!

Playing With Letters Playing With Letters

Great game. The amazing soundtrack led me to your great game. The riddles were pretty challenging (had to google one of them) and the secret ending was chilling! Hopefully you make a sequel to this.

LucidShadowDreamer responds:

Oh, hi!
Thanks a lot for playing this game, CrabbWalker :D
I'm stoked to hear you liked it, and that you find it both challenging and chilling :)
I will definitely make a sequel to this eventually. I'm hoping to make it sometime next year, and I already do have a few ideas ;)

Untangle 1.5 Untangle 1.5

A relaxing, nice puzzle game that's able to drive you crazy within a matter of minutes! haha but overall good job, and the simple design is effective.

Mayya Malyshka Mayya Malyshka

I am very, very honored to be among the 154 fans (at the moment) to listen to this. It's been awhile since I've visited NG. Such an honor to hear a piece of art that is not genre-boxed and categorized and simply seeks to speak to my soul. These are one of those pieces; with a clear crescendo into a climax, with a musical denouement...it tells a story and drops you at the fork's end, waiting for the audience's response. It's music like this that makes me animate the way I do, and paint the way I paint. Without boundaries and borders and labels, and to stay true to yourself, reflect how important you are, how just 1 man can make the difference. Hands down, you are indeed one out of a handful of amazing artists which keeps me coming back for more, because you are having a conversation through your art, and as an artist, it's our responsibility to respond back with art that strikes just as colloquial. This is an amazing piece of art.

Phonometrologist responds:

And you honor me with your words. I'm just grateful that there are few that enjoy some of the inner workings of my heart and mind. Your kind words have lead my thoughts to the following quote that I remembered reading some time ago:
“If there's a book that you want to read, but it hasn't been written yet, then you must write it.”-Toni Morrison
I hope you take what you said about staying true to yourself to heart. When it comes to animating and painting, go without trying to label yourself for that has always been the job of the admirer in retrospect. However, don't just take that approach in art, but also when you get up in the morning. I think it's interesting that if anyone wants to connect and convey a message to anyone, one must first be honest with themselves. Seems kind of obvious to read that at first, but if one gave it more thought, to write for yourself in order to reach others more deeply and meaningfully isn't quite as transparent as one would think.

Adam Phillips Interview - animation podcast #130 Adam Phillips Interview - animation podcast #130

I agree with Adam on that Yuyu scene XD

Probably his best section of animated works! Good interview

rubberonion responds:

The whole animated short was impressive and with all that action you still got to learn more about Bitey's character... outstanding. Thanks for listening!

Color- Ambient/Breakbeat Color- Ambient/Breakbeat

Heard this from the new Hellami episode. Really really good job around 00:38 to 00:57; this is the type ambiance that makes you reminisce about an alternate future your younger self had once dreamt of.

Sent from God Sent from God

Utterly rhapsodic. Bravo man, such a sublime piece.

A portrait, but... A portrait, but...

Beautiful values, the limbs really invoke their presence on the canvas! Combined with the surreal colors...reminds me of some of Bakshi's earlier background work in the movie Cool World!

The Sheep Police The Sheep Police

Your painting style reminds me of Charles Monet a bit! Really good work. One critique, like patiger said below, would be to make the limbs more organic and directionless.